We have two different, but equally unforgettable, aeronautical adventures for you to choose from – both fully guided and with all transfers and briefings included.
Option one sees you drifting slowly and elegantly over the Magaliesberg mountains and The Cradle of Humankind – as you take in the natural beauty of the region, and the aerial view of the mountain range and world heritage land. Or option two allows you to fly over the Lion and Rhino Nature Reserve, some of South Africa`s finest wildlife areas, for a very unique game viewing experience.
Your day tour includes:
- Transfers from Aloe Lane Guest Lodge to the meeting point, and then to the balloon launch site
- Tea, coffee and biscuits while you watch your balloon being inflated
- A one hour balloon flight – either over the magnificent Magaliesberg mountains or the Lion and Rhino Nature Reserve
- Champagne and orange juice after landing, followed by breakfast
- Certificates presented to all the ‘brave’ passengers as a memento of the trip
- An optional post-flight game drive through the Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve
- Transfers back to the Lodge
No matter which location you choose to fly over, this experience is something you will cherish forever. Once you have arrived at the launch site, you will meet the welcoming team for tea, coffee and biscuits as you prepare for the flight of a lifetime. Watch your balloon grow majestically out of the earth as it is filled with air generated from a massive fan – allowing the space required for the burners which will heat the air inside the balloon and raise it from the ground, vertically suspending it above your wicker carriage.
After a briefing by your pilot, you then climb into the basket and get ready for take-off – before your balloon lifts gently off the ground and into the skies of Africa, engrossed in the views beyond and beneath. The flight lasts around one hour, and upon landing, we will celebrate in true ballooning tradition with champagne and orange juice, followed by breakfast at the original launch site. Each passenger will receive a commemorative flight certificate, honouring the ballooning custom that is practised worldwide.
Please note – balloon flights are weather dependent, and minimum numbers are required on any given day.