Our chosen lodges are set in one of the most picturesque areas in Mozambique, with spectacular views of pristine beaches and the crystal clear turquoise waters.
Nestled amongst groves of coconut trees, they offer accommodation to suit all types of travellers – with the warm Indian Ocean providing safe bathing all year round. The Barra region is bordered by the Inhambane estuary on one side, and the sea on the other – with wide, white beaches that you can walk along for miles.
Package can include:
- Transfer from Aloe Lane Guest Lodge to airport
- Fly from Oliver Tambo airport in Johannesburg to Inhambane or Vilanculos airport in Mozambique
- Local transfer from airport to resort
- 3 or more nights at a stunning luxury lodge on the Indian Ocean
- A choice of beach backpack lodging or luxury stilted chalets on the estuary
- A wide selection of diving, fishing and other water sport activities
- Numerous other activities including horse riding, sailing and quad biking
- Return flights and transfers to Aloe Lane Guest Lodge if required
Activities include ocean safaris, mangrove kayaking, horse riding on the beach, sunset sailing, quad biking, snorkelling and of course scuba diving on Mozambique’s unique Manta Coast. As its name suggests, close encounters with manta rays are common in the area, making it a phenomenal dive site.
Other sea-life you may see include African groupers, red fang trigger fish, huge schools of yellow and humpback snappers, bigeyes, fusiliers, trumpet fish, dragon morays, frog fish, devil rays, batfish and giant moray eels.